This past week was, well by all definitions, a rough week. Nothing upsetting (excluding a certain individual holding a certain door) or anything out of the ordinary occurred. There were no events the emotional drained me. Any physical drain felt by me was not related to exercise. In fact, I only worked 3 days.
So, why was the week rough? Why did I miss so much work? Why did I feel exhausted from sitting at a desk, or from having lunch with a toddler and preschooler? Simple. I have been sick, and surprisingly sicker than I even realized.
It started last Saturday with minor stomach bug. That minor bug though landed me on the couch where I proceeded to watch 3 hours of Girl Meets World. Yes, you read that correctly. Do not judge. This bug lasted a few days too many. In fact, yesterday was the first day I started to actually feel like myself! Seven days later! Which means I now have the energy to write. Okay, the energy to remember to go buy batteries to take the necessary photos to accompany the post.
Ipsy – May 2016 Destination Chick
Glam Bag Breakdown: I love this bag! Not only is it very different from the other Ipsy Bags I have received, its adorable travel inspired pattern is perfect for the start of summer. Now, I would like to note that not every color of this bag is adorable. My sister-in-law received a blue one, which was in my opinion kind of ugly.
- Product 1: Hanalei Lip Treatment (Value $8.33)
- My Opinion: After a long day of hiking (which I plan to share soon), I came home to find my Ipsy Bag. Although I had been smart about sunscreen on my skin, I failed to put it on my lips. This product felt wonderful on my sunburned lips. It is not a product I would use every day, but to help sore lips its perfect!
- Product 2: Eva NYC – Hungry Hair Oil Treatment (Value $3.20)
- My Opinion: Truth, today is the first day I have actually tried this product. I have had my Ipsy bag for two weeks, but I haven’t tried a majority of the products yet. Like most Eva NYC products, this one has a pleasant, buttery smell.
- Product 3: Slmissglam – Small Contour W07 Brush (Value: $12 est)
- My Opinion: The brush seems gentle and soft, and the design itself is definitely pretty. It is an ideal brush for travel.
- Product 4: Hikari Cosmetics – Shimmer Bronzer (Value $10 est)
- My Opinion: Again, I have yet to try this product. I was however excited to receive it. The pallet is beautiful, and perfect for summer. In fact, now that I am finally feeling better I think I will use it today.
- Product 5: Smashbox – X-Rated Mascara (Value: $7.33)
- My Opinion: I was excited to receive this product. I have several mascaras waiting to be used, however I plan to use this one once I switch out the current one I was using.
Total Value: est. $40.35
Overall Rating: 8
Rating Justification: Overall, the products received where of decent quality and variety.
Birchbox – May 2016 Out of Doors
This month the Birchbox theme is “Out of Doors” This box is beautiful and also prepares you for the, you guess it Outside World!
- Product 1: Supergoop! – Everday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology (Value $0.91)
- My Opinion: Honestly I think it is awesome that Birchbox gave every subscriber a sample of sunscreen. In a sun-kissed glow obsessed world its important to remember sunscreen. With that said though, I would like to point out that this sample would only cover my face or one arm.
- Product 2: Vita Liberata Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion (Value: $7.50)
- My opinion: Have I mentioned that I am a perpetually white girl in a sun-kissed glow obsessed world. Well, I am. This month Birchbox offered this item as one of the sample choices. I am anxious to try out this product.
- Product 3: Jouer Long-Wear Li:p Crème Liquid Lipstick (Value: $8.57)
- My Opinion: Although this sample size is small, it is perfect. I love the shade, as well as the smell.
- Product 4: W3LL PEOPLE Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer (Value $12.16)
- My Opinion: I have yet to try this item. It feels velvety though, like it would have a good coverage.
- Product 5: amika Un.Done Texture Spray (Value: $3.40)
- My Opinion: As I mentioned last month, I absolutely love amika products. They smell amazing. I am excited to try this one out.
Total Value: est. $32.54
Overall Rating: 8
Rating Justification: Again, all the products received seem decent. No product really stood out more than another.
May 2016 Beauty Subscription Box Winner: This month, in my opinion is a tie.
For additional information on joining Ipsy or Birchbox please visit the attached links:
If you are currently a subscriber to either one, please feel free to share the items you received! I love to view what other people have received, it is part of the addiction I guess!