Another week has come and gone, which means its time to share my progress with the FitGirl 28 Day Jumpstart. Much like the rest of eastern-central Utah, my diet floated away with the floods. No, I do not mean for that to be cute. What I mean is that in dealing with the aftermath of recent flooding in the area, my diet has been the least of my concern.
Lynden and I were lucky. The heavy rains only impacted us slightly. Our basement flooded from ground water. Everytime it rains more than an inch or so, ground water seeps into two rooms in our basement. It is a pain, but hardly the end of the world. This time we did lose something, a 10 year old sewing machine. We are fortunate, and grateful our loss is so minimal.
Unfortunately, others saw a much greater loss. In the community where I work approximately 10 homes were flooded. Now when I say flooded, I mean basements and lower floors filled with water. This is the second time this has happened within a 2 year period. Although the City and County have worked to obtain funding for projects to eliminate this threat, it has been an uphill battle. For anyone who is interested is helping out, please visit Wellington, Utah Flood Victims.
Before I begin reviewing my lack of success this week, I just want to acknowledge that I should not allow stress to wreck my diet. This week that is exactly what happened. I allowed the stress of work, and the aftermath of the floods to affect my overall mood. This is something I know I need to work on, especially since I do have a sometimes stressful job. Anyway, overall I failed, and I failed hard. How did I fail you ask? Well, please read below.
- Daily Points Earned: 130
- Daily Recap: Just how did I earn an extra 30 points for the day? Simple, I went to an hour Barre class. If you have not tried Barre before I would highly recommend it! This was an intense workout that I very much needed. In addition to rocking my daily exercise I rocked my meal plan. I had leftovers from the previous week. In my opinion there was no point in wasting the food from the prior week.
- Daily Points Earned: 95
- Daily Recap: Tuesday I had training in Moab. I planned to nail the diet! I looked up places to go. I found an Asian restaurant that appeared healthy. I sat down to eat my healthy food, and what did I smell? Wet dog, I kid you not. I did not eat the fried rice placed in front of me; I could only force down the California Roll that had accompanied it. After that I was still starving and headed to Starbucks. The end. Oh, I did however come home to do an hour of Yoga.
- Daily Points Earned: 60
- Daily Recap: I am giving myself 10 points for remaining positive on Wednesday. Why, you ask? Simple, after being yelled at by an individual for something I literally had 0 control over, I successfully shook it off. Seriously, I did! I took five minutes to first vent text, and then to cool down. I did not however work out that night as it was City Council night; I also had Taco Time for dinner. Yes I am aware that I need to have dinner ready to heat up on these nights.
- Daily Points Earned: 30.
- Daily Recap: Awe the first day of Autumn, or as it will forever be know in Utah the day of extreme weather statewide. There was a tornado near Ogden, there was snow high in the mountains, there were power outages in Northen Utah, and as I mentioned there was extreme flooding in Eastern Utah. My fitgirl achievement this day was simply drinking water.
- Daily Points Earned: 45
- Daily Recap: I, wait for it, nailed, wait for it, dinner. Yep I rocked dinner and drinking water. On a side note though I turned down cookies and a mozzarella stick.
- Daily Points Earned: 10
- Daily Recap: Yum my dinner was good. This was the day that the mental aftermath of the entire week finally caught up to me. I do not need to go into detail, especially since I have mentioned it was all anxiety/work related.
- Daily Points Earned: 10
- Daily Recap: For lunch I had Quickie Fried Rice. Definitely delicious, definitely a keeper.
My overall sucess rate was 54%. Although I did double my workout time, I only follower 10 of the suggested meals. I gave in and stress ate. I am however proud of myself for resisting cookies and fried cheese. As the weekend progressed I ate even worse. Still, this week I am choosing to focus on my small FitGirl accomplishments.